Junior Underwriting Specialist
Brief description :
We are a group company spanning across 4 continents with our core product being Insurance services. In addition to our primary offerings of insurance, risk management, reinsurance, and underwriting, our group firms also engage in venture capital, Insurtech, Fintech, and Environmental and Social Governance sectors.
We are looking for a Junior Underwriting Specialist to be a part of our team. We’ll rely on you to ensure that our business operations are overseen, managed and effectively monitored under our compliance, risk management and auditing framework.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review insurance applications and related documents to assess risks and determine eligibility.
- Collaborate with senior underwriters to make underwriting decisions and set premium rates.
- Ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines, industry regulations, and company policies.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of underwriting guidelines and policies.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and changes in insurance regulations.
- Conduct internal business audits to forecast and mitigate risk proactively.
Required Skill Sets:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (Spoken and Business English, proficiency highly preferred).
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines
- Good knowledge on Insurance Principles and financial compliance.
- An eye for detail and the ability to analyse large volumes of data.
- Should have the ability to innovate and adapt to various scenarios in process.
- At least 1-year experience as an Auditor (Auditor in a CA firm preferred).
- Candidates who have completed certifications related to auditing and financial management will be preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel and Tableau.
- Graduate/Post Graduate (Preferred)