PLS CADD Electrical Engineer
Brief description :
Group : Electrical, Energy and Industry Group
Job Family : Technology
Career Level : Level 3/4
Responsible To: Distribution Electrical Engineer
Key Relationships: EIC Engineer, Project Technical Lead, Delivery Lead, Regional Business Lead
• Bachelor/ master’s degree in Electrical engineering.
• 5 to 7 years of experience in Overhead Distribution design.
• Experience in Electrical Equipment sizing, Cable sizing.
• Proficiency with analysis tools such as PLS-CADD
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
• Working knowledge of electric utility systems, policies, and procedures including engineering standards
• 2D and 3D Modelling and design experience using the following Software applications will be an added advantage.
o Autodesk Revit
o Autodesk AutoCAD
o Bentley MicroStation
o Autodesk Navisworks
• Experience working with a major electrical utility
• Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects with various due dates and scopes
• National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) specification experience (familiarity with standards and experience working with them for site layout design). Specifically related to:
o NFPA 70 – National Electric Code
o NFPA 497
• Knowledge of International standards like ISA, BS, IEC, NEMA, CEC, IEEE/ANSI
• General Electrical/process experience & skills (specifying/purchasing/drawing reviews/etc.):
o Disconnect switches
o Surge Arrester
o Voltage Transformers
o Gas Insulated switchgear (GIS)
o Medium / Low Voltage Switchgears
o Generator etc.
o Control Building Design
o GIS Building Design
• Perform QA/QC on projects before submittal to the client
• Perform detailed design and engineering calculations of the overhead electric distribution systems to comply with the client’s standards, specifications, preferences, and relevant industry standards (NESC, RUS, etc.)
• Prepare cost estimates on engineering and construction packages.
• Designing of electrical distribution facilities including feeders, laterals, underground ties, and equipment upgrades for voltages 69 kV and under
• Develop a bill of material required for construction based on client standards
• Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
• Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
• Review project scope and identify issues early on
• Function as Project Engineer on assigned project
Experience : 4+yrs
Job Location : Pune, India
Notice Period : 60 days
Openings : 01