PLS CADD Civil-structural Engineer
Brief description :
Group : Energy & Resources
Job Family : Technology
Career Level : Level 3/4
Responsible To : Senior/Lead Engineer – Energy
Key Relationships : Operations Manager Pune, Team Leads Pune, Technical Discipline Lead,
Project Managers, Project Technical Leads, regional project Leads
• Knowledge of international Codes and Standards – civil and structural
• Knowledge of concrete and steel structures – analysis and design
• Optioneering and outline design relating to Energy & Resources project (Transmission & Distribution, Power generation)
• Preparation of technical reports/ drawings sketches
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities
• Guiding Engineering/ CAD team for quality delivery
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor/management,
• Need to work off-hours for client co-ordination: Occasionally
• A Bachelor's/Masters degree in Civil/structural Engineering (or related field), from an accredited institution
• Must have 5-8 years of experience as civil substation engineer, with a wider awareness of other typical HV civil engineering projects.
• Understanding of the engineering principles, basic structural analysis and design concepts
• Proficiency in design using UK codes and other regulations related to Energy & Industry (Transmission & distribution and Power generation project experience is must).
• Preferred knowledge of International/ UK National Grid's Transmission Procedures, (in particular: TP135, TP137, TP141, TP153, TP163, TP184, TP188, TP235, TP241).
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of CDM/international safety requirements
• Preferred knowledge and experience applying National Grids Technical Specification, Technical Guidance Notes, and Design Handbooks relating to civil/structural engineering of electricity T&D infrastructure in the UK.
• A pro-active individual with knowledge and understanding of the energy and/or electricity transmission and distribution industry.
• Good experience of using software like STAAD-Pro, SAP2000 and other structural analysis tools like MATHCAD, Excel worksheets, EnerCalc, L-pile.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation preferred.
• make an effective and collaborative contribution to the team through sharing knowledge, promoting ideas, and valuing the contribution of all team members.
• Innovative, result-oriented, provide ideas and work on them.
• Experience in Data / Document management system - ProjectWise, BIM360
• General knowledge of construction techniques and practices, construction management.
• Capable to analyze, assess, evaluate the issues, complexity pertaining to projects / work packages and support the team lead in mitigating them in advance.
• Competent level of baseline skills, i.e. professional and confident with the essential, basic business and communication skills that are required for career growth in all positions.
• Rigorous attention to detail, able to understand and adopt workflows and commitment to personal professional development.
• Flexible attitude to accepting different work assignments and pro-active attitude to execution/delivery
Experience : 4+yrs
Job Location : Pune, India
Notice Period : 60 days
Openings : 01