Accounts Receivable Specialist
Brief description :
The Accounts Receivable Analyst plays a crucial role in ensuring the financial health of the organization by managing the accounts receivable process. This position is responsible for monitoring and reconciling customer accounts, processing invoices, and facilitating timely and accurate collections.
Accounts Receivable Management:
Reconciliation and Reporting:
- Generate and distribute customer invoices accurately and on time.
- Monitor and record all incoming payments, ensuring they are applied correctly to customer accounts.
- Investigate and resolve payment discrepancies or issues promptly.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of accounts receivable transactions.
- Collections and Follow-Up:
- Contact customers to follow up on outstanding balances and payment reminders.
- Negotiate payment plans and resolve billing disputes in a professional and customer-focused manner.
- Keep detailed records of all collection efforts.
- Reconcile accounts receivable records with general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare and analyse monthly reports on accounts receivable, ageing reports, and related financial data.
- Provide insights into trends, delinquencies, and cash flow.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers, addressing their inquiries and concerns promptly.
- Communicate with the sales and customer service teams to resolve customer issues and disputes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in accounts receivable and collections.
- Propose and implement.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Proven 4+ experience in accounts receivable and revenue management.
- Monthly Revenue recognition & monitoring- reversal & accrual entries.
- Reconciliation – Revenue vs invoicing & unbilled & unearned amount for each account
- Knowledge of accounting principles, financial regulations, and revenue recognition standards.
- Prepare monthly revenue statement.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for customer interactions.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to meet deadlines.