Brief description :
· Design stable, reliable, and effective databases
· Create, optimize, and maintain queries and DB procedures, used in our software applications, as well as data extracts and ETL processes.
· Exposure to Datawarehouse and OLAP concepts. Any implementation experience in this area is added advantage.
· Profile, optimize and tweak queries and routines for optimal performance.
· Modify and maintain databases, routines, and queries in order to ensure accuracy, maintainability, scalability, and high performance of all our data systems
· Perform technical troubleshooting to diagnose, isolate and correct data and database issues
· Solve database usage issues and malfunctions.
· Give design recommendations for database functions that meet business operating standards while improving the efficiency of business processes
· Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
· Provide data management support for our users/clients
· Research, analyze, and recommend upgrades to our data systems
· Prepare documentation and specifications for all deployed queries/routines/processes
· Support the Development and Quality Assurance teams with their needs for database development and access
· Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team
· Research and suggest new database products, services, and protocols Proven work experience (Minimum 3 years) as a Database developer
· In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring)
· Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
· Hands-on experience with SQL/Relational Database - MySQL / PostgreSQL
· Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
· (Desired) Experience with Amazon Web Services RDS offering
· Familiarity with working on an Agile/Iterative development framework
· Self-starter with a positive attitude with the ability to collaborate with product managers and developers
BE/B.Tech/MCA/MSc Computer Science or equivalent.