Brief description :
• Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
• Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
• Analyses trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
• Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
• Compensation and Statutory benefits should be handled
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills and cultural fit to the organization.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, Improve Business and the administrative practices related to those factors.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
• Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
• Post Graduation is preferred.