Lead Software Engineer (Backend)
Brief description :
Nissan is undergoing a massive Digital Transformation backed by fantastic leading automotive platforms across the world. As a valued team member of Nissan, this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and make a big impact. We are committed to building a diverse, entrepreneurial organization, and our current team serving as a strong testimony to that commitment.
Talk to us, and you'll see that this is an opportunity to be a part of something truly special.
What are we looking for:
A Team Lead cum Senior Backend Developer who can lead a team and also be an individual contributor. With the global digital team, you will use your skills developed over the years to implement cutting edge solutions using the latest technology to solve some challenging business problems. You’ll work complex projects and contribute to the overall strategic vision of the organization.
· Work closely with the product manager, Project manager, Architect team, UI/UX team and other project stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure QCT aligned project delivery.
· Be responsible for the technical deliverables of the team across all SDLC phases of requirement gathering, development, QA Testing, UAT testing and eventual release and support.
· Oversee the work of development team members and serve as a mentor to them.
· Ensure that the architecture guidelines laid out by the architect is adhered to.
· Ensure adherence to standard software Engineering practices set to be followed across the SDLC and help the engineering manager in continuous improvement of the Engineering maturity of the team and the product.
· Endure deliverable quality without compromising on the timelines
· Writing maintainable and scalable code
· Participating in code reviews and design discussions.
· Understand and follow best practices around coding, design, quality, performance in your team.
· Good knowledge and experience in Java EE / Spring based application development
· Good knowledge and experience in designing and implementing applications based on SOA, Microservices or event based architecture models using Java/Spring Boot.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into practical applications and operational solutions.
· Good knowledge of cloud services specifically the AWS cloud service offerings.
· Good knowledge of database concepts (both SQL and NoSQL) and expertise in any one database preferably MySQL or PostgreSQL.
· Expertise in open source frame works and development
· Experience with web servers, service oriented architectures, web services, security practices, database technologies.â¯
· Comprehensive understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC), continuous integration, and agile software development methodologies
· Preferable exposure to data pipeline development.
Experience & Expertise
· Minimum 8+ years of total work experience with at least 2 years of experience in leading a team.
· BS or MS from premium schools in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technology.
· Quick & Excellent Problem Solving skills for complex & large scale problems.â¯
· Very Strong OO skills
· Solid coding skills.
· Experience with software engineering best practices, design patterns and anti-patternsâ¯
· Good knowledge, understanding & experience of working with multitier architectures.
· Exposure to complete product development cycles
· Must be comfortable working in fuzzy environments where boundaries aren’t clearly defined.
Java, Spring Boot, Micoservices, AWS, Code Review