Brief description :
We are looking for strong and passionate technology leaders to join the Global Devops team in a leadership role.
As an Engineering Manager, you will own delivery and technology vision for the Global Devops platform and best practices for teams developing software Applications for Nissan worldwide. You will work closely with product management team, software engineering teams, and Infrastructure teams. Key focus areas will be to develop right technology vision and Devops Best practices for Applications across the globe.
You will be part of a Global DevOps team distributed across multiple location. This position will report to the Head of DevOps.
- Directly own Devops by managing engineers, architects and project/program managers. Technically Guide, Direct and mentor a team of DevOps engineers.
- Architectural and technology vision for overall Devops roadmap and long-term objectives. Architect, implement and maintain Build strategies and definitions as well as CI/CD tooling and processes.
- Develop a culture of Innovation and invest in ideas and executions around emerging industry and technologies in Devops.
- Develop an outstanding Devops team with diverse expertise.
- Develop a culture for Engineering excellence and focused delivery
- Establish processes and methods that ensure a high level of productivity, quality and reliability
- Collaborate with multi-cultural teams spread across locations and multiple vendors
- Provide expertise and leadership to drive the overall delivery through collaborations with various stake holders towards overall success
- The Devops team will be responsible for the successful configuration management, build and deployment of integrated and stand-alone releases into production.
- Adopt and implement best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile and DevOps.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment. Maintain and secure all of our DevOps environments.
- 10 to 15 years of previous software industry experience with 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience in Devops and Cloud Technologies a must
- Knowledge of professional DevOps practices and the full software development life cycle, including source control management, build processes, CI/CD, and installation.
- Solid experience with Software Configuration Management, infrastructure and automation tools.
- Experience with BitBucket/GitLab, JENKINS, SONAR, NEXUS, Ansible, JIRA, TomCat, PostGres/RDS, AWS/Hybrid Cloud Exposure, VPC Peering, Monitoring Tools/Solutions
- Experience with Docker/Containers / Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with building/deploying JAVA/ Microservices applications.
- Understanding of Web Server, API Gateway, Security Protocol (like OAuth)
- Strong hands-on technology experience building and running large-scale systems
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive the roadmap execution across different geographies, product and functional teams
- Passion for technology and solving deep technical problems
- Good to have experience with Cloud PaaS (AWS/Azure)