Embedded Software and Firmware Development Engineer
Brief description :
Industron, a DSIR recognized R&D unit is seeking a highly enthusiastic and experienced Embedded software development engineers for our India Center at Trivandrum Technopark campus.
The Embedded software development engineer would be responsible for developing scientific test and measurement software applications for nano-mechanical testing instrumentation. Job deliverables would include:
- Develop software applications in C based (LabWindows /CVI, Code Composer Studio) for embedded control Instrumentation
- Develop code in C and assembly to run on ARM Cortex using different toolsets such as Keil’s uVision, IAR WorkBench, Rowley CrossWorks, Eclipse +GCC + GDB (OpenOCD), CCS.
- Develop Xilinx, Altera VHDL code for instrumentation
- Experience in OpenCV and Digital Image Processing and computer vision
- Support the development of applications to address challenges in instrument automation and control
- Debug software applications using hardware and simulation tools
- Perform software quality assurance activities and do software releases
- Participate in the design of new software products.
- Adapt to Industron quality software development practices and deliver quality software on time using them.
- M.E./M.Tech/B.E/B.Tech in Instrumentation/ Electronics / Computer Science/Software Engineering/ Equivalent Scientific or engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Instrumentation software development & maintenance in an academic/industrial/R&D environment. 1 or more years in general software development & maintenance in a Software Product/Services company is a plus
- Expert in programming language C, along with knowledge of one object oriented programming language like C++/C#/Java/Python
- Working knowledge of various communication protocols like USB, RS232, GPIB, TCP/IP, Modbus etc., and ability to control hardware using them
- Working knowledge of FPGA/DSP based instrumentation, data acquisition and control
- Knowledge of software design and documentation processes, source code control, preferably in Test and Measurement environment
- Proficient in problem solving. Strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent communication , interpersonal and team skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Studio, LabWindows /CVI and XML
- Working experience in Robotics interface programming
- Working experience in system level embedded programming
- Experience with Controls/Automation engineering/Industrial Automation