Brief description :
Under broad direction, works on solution analysis and solution design projects, as assigned by manager. Reports directly to VP Development and will work with other parties designated by a manager in connection with the performance of the duties of this position.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and 8 or more years of experience in the field.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Very independent and may lead the work of individuals or a group of software developers/engineers.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Works with business subject matter experts and technology resources to identify, prioritize, document, and leverage business requirements to design solutions strategically aligned with business and technology plan.
- Provides guidance and support to business analysts and software developers.
- Makes independent decisions based on department rules and guidelines and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Strong experience in object-oriented design with experience in converting legacy applications to modern web applications and API services.
- Provide architectural and requirements guidance to the development team including off-shore resources.
- Hands-on working experience in data modelling, service APIs’, unit test cases etc.
- Acts as a point of contact for web service delivery, with the ability to clearly document and communicate design recommendations across projects at an enterprise level.
- Responsible for assignments that are medium to high in priority and complexity.
- Performs a combination of the following duties according to department guidelines:
- A broad understanding of the financial retirement industry, its products, practices and operations.
- Develops a clear understanding of strategic business and technology plan.
- Designs solutions aligned with long-term needs and objectives of the company. Prepares solution design documents and prepares supporting documentation to support design definitions.
- Recommends most viable solutions to management for approval.
- Participates in design reviews to ensure that detailed designs meet the needs of business requirements.
- Assists in documenting requirements, using the appropriate management tools.
- Performs necessary research to fully understand the business issues, develop possible solutions and to support the development of innovative, cost-effective solutions.
- Participates and where necessary leads the software development process, including hands-on development, and providing direction and guidance to other team members.
- Performs other essential duties as assigned.
MICROSOFT .NET, SQL SERVER, IIS, VISUAL STUDIO, IBM MQ SERIES (WEBSPHERE), MS SQL SERVER 2008/2014 (SQLT-SQL/SQL STORED PROCEDURES), TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER
Microsoft .NET, MVC, VBScript, Active Server Pages
HTML, XML, SQL Server, IIS
Visual Studio, MSMQ
IBM MQ Series (Websphere)
MS SQL Server 2008/2014 (SQL,T-SQL/SQL Stored Procedures)
Visual Source Safe, Team Foundation Server
Candidates can apply for this position through: https://app.socially360.com/view/203/79_203_41