Brief description :
Designation: Senior Software Engineer / Lead Software Engineer
Experience: 3+ years
Location: Technopark, Trivandrum
Minimum Qualification: BE/BTech, MSc/MCA, PGDCA or any equivalent degree
· Participates in an active role during all phases of the SDLC cycle, including developing high level technical designs, database architecture, initial setup etc.
· Self-sufficient in reviewing and analyzing business/functional requirements and creating supporting project/task documentation such as low-level design documents, unit test cases, etc.
· Develop quality Ruby code as per latest best practices and methodologies within defined timelines.
· Develop product & its elements as per specifications received from the client
· Acquire required technical & domain knowledge of the product & its elements
· Maintain good documentation of tasks status
· Act as Development Lead on small initiatives
· Schedule and prioritize tasks to promote efficient use of time and maximize productivity.
· Ensure Code quality and monitor progress against schedule
· Work with Project Managers and other team members to assure accurate timelines and deliverables.
· Relentless commitment to meeting deadlines
Performing Test driven development/ Behaviour driven development (TDD/BDD) using various tools - e.g.RSpec, Cucumber
· Strong Web programming skills in Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
· Strong understanding of object oriented software design (OOPS Concepts), including MVC frameworks, and an ability to learn and apply new technologies.
· Analyze, design, develop and support complex applications.
· Good sense of logical reasoning.
· Should have strong knowledge in Restful architecture in implementing APIs and using third party APIs in rails application.
· Expertise in working with Mysql, Pgsql databases.
· Clear understanding of JQuery, Bootstrap, Ajax and Json Libraries.
· SVN, Github version control and Rake/Capistrano Experience.
· Experience in Agile Development, TDD/TFD and testing tools.
· Expertise in writing Rspec test cases
· Experience in working with Ruby gems like devise, cancan, haml, paperclip.
· Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills.
Self-motivated and organized.
Good to have:
· Knowledge on tools like Vagrant, Puppet, New Relic, AirBrake
· Experience in developing in an agile environment with Kanban and Scrum.
· MongoDB or any other NoSQL