Brief description :
Designation: Lead Software Engineer
Experience: 4+ yrs
Location: Technopark, Trivandrum
Minimum Qualification: BE/BTech, MSc/MCA, PGDCA or any equivalent degree
- Write test-driven, maintainable code and follow industry standard Rails and web development best practices.
- Designing, implementing, and debugging of new or existing software components during complete lifecycle
- Performing Test driven development/ Behaviour driven development (TDD/BDD) using various tools - e.g.RSpec, Cucumber
- Gather requirements and create technical specifications as needed.
- Documenting and assuring the quality of software applications across all architectural layers
- Work with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams and projects within the technology domain
- Assist in the deployment of configured applications to our clients.
- Work with Project Managers and other team members to assure accurate timelines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with designers and fellow engineers to find elegant long-term solutions as well as creative quick-fixes to problems.
- Follow best practices (Continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards).
- Taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of your code, from implementation to testing to user acceptance to deployment
- Strong Web programming skills in Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
- Strong understanding of object oriented software design (OOPS Concepts), including MVC frameworks, and an ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Knowledge of ROR Plugins and various API integration like Paypal, Google, and Facebook API etc.
- Understanding of configuration management using version control systems such as Subversion, Perforce, CVS, or git, including branching and merging.
- Understanding of UNIX and Unix-based operating systems.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- BackboneJS), HTML, CSS
- Knowledge on CI tools like Bamboo, Capistrano, Stash
Good to have:
- Experience with a cloud computing architecture, such as VMWare ESX, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge on tools like Vagrant, Puppet, New Relic, AirBrake
- Experience in developing in an agile environment with Kanban and Scrum.
- MongoDB or any other NoSQL