Brief description :
The job is for a high-performing, hands on DevOps engineer who will provide technical vision & strategy for how we automate the continuous delivery of our platforms in a global scale, as well as the hands-on skills to make that work.
This is a unique opportunity for a technologist to help us build platforms that will directly enhance the lives of millions, by supporting the provision of education on a global scale
No of Positions : 5
Location : Banglore
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- We are setting up all the infrastructure in AWS so Dev Ops experience with AWS EC2, S3, VPC, Autoscaling, ELB, EBS, AWS Lambda and security in AWS is a must.
- Significant experience with deployment automation, working with platforms for configuration management, provisioning, artefact repositories such as Terraform, Packer, Puppet, Rundeck, Nexus, Jenkins.
- Deep understanding of automation, deployment and building containers using ECS, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CLI
- Deep understanding of networking, load balancing (AWS ELB) and storage technologies in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Significant experience with current coding/scripting skills (One or more of python, java, ruby, perl, php, .net).
- Experience with cloud hosted application-monitoring tools such as New Relic, Zabbix, Kibana.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Watch, AWS Elasticsearch and AWS Lambda setup and deployment.
- Experience integrating with cloud providers such as AWS, VSphere/vCloud Director or OpenStack.
- Experience with source controls systems such as Git, Stash, Subversion or Perforce
- Excellent collaboration skills across Development and Operations and with all other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- Experienced in designing scalable solutions, writing efficient code, optimizing performance and debugging issues
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise tasks effectively
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Experience working in an Agile / Kanban development environment.
- Experience managing NoSQL DB or Triple store in AWS
- Strong knowledge of integration patterns and strategies.
- A passion for technology and up-to-date with trends, new languages and design approaches in the IT space.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environmentâ¨.
- Experience coaching and mentoring technology talent.