Brief description :
- Analyze business and technical requirements/user stories and use-cases
- Perform Web, API, UI, functional, integration, regression, smoke, black box, load, performance and end-to-end testing
- Participate and provide inputs in Scrum ceremonies.
- Prepare/Review test plan, test summary report, defect report, metrics, requirement traceability matrix, etc.,
- Define comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Design clear and concise test cases, execute and document test results.
- Create and track bugs until closure through the bug tracking software and conduct defect triage.
- Support Product owners during UAT.
- Design/maintain automation framework and automated test scripts.
- Execute Automated test scripts and validate results.
- Create/Maintain Regression Test Suite.
- Keep abreast of software industry “Best Practices” and trends and adopt if relevant.
- Write and/or modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Work with sprint teams in reducing error rates and perform root cause analysis of errors/trends
- Report daily/weekly status including metrics to the management and proactively communicate risks/issues with mitigation options.
- Oversight and mentor other junior and staff developers in test.
- Experience working in onsite/offshore model.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent training and experience.
Solid knowledge through formal education or training in Quality assurance & testing, testing methodologies and test automation.
8+ years’ experience testing enterprise-level or large-scale web based applications in a formal QA work environment.
3+ years’ experience in driving QA process for software testing independently in a software development team with minimal supervision.
2+ years’ experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
Experience with building test automation frameworks.