Brief description :
HostDime is a global datacenter with private datacenters in 7 international locations. Presently ranked among the top 20 web server hosting businesses in the world. We currently host over 5,000,000 domains. Due in part to our state-of-the-art custom developed monitoring systems, innovative solutions and continuous data center improvements, our company is more than prepared to meet the needs of our clientele.
Job Responsibilities (Technical Lead):-
1. Should be accountable to all technical issues happening in the Technical department in the shift.
2.Should act as a single point to resolve every escalated level-3 issues.
3.Handle escalated technical issues related webhosting systems end, networking, data security etc.
4. Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
5. Should compulsorily involve actively in the Technical Training including the interns. And should be accountable to the Technical Manager regarding the performance of each of the team members under him.
6. Should give monthly performance feedback of each of the members to Director and Technical Manager via email.
7.Assign servers to systems engineer for periodic audits and monitor the status of the same. Also research on all latest vulnerabilities and patches so that these can be applied with immediate effect to the servers.
8. Escalate calls and ticket to different departments with proper documentation in the tickets.
9.Master level knowledge with the DNA/ CORE facilities and features related to the Technical department, customer order processing, invoice generation, bandwidth monitoring, customer profile management, Add-On configurations.
10.Close monitoring of the Technical team members performance including the technical skills, reliability, punctuality, mannerism in professional environment etc.
11. Impart awareness of up to date technologies in hardware, software and applications and vulnerabilities.
12.Master level knowledge in one of the scripting language like bash, perl or phyton is a must. Should be proficient in latest technological advancement in the industry. Should act as a single point of contact for all technical issues and clarifications to other departmental inquiries on latest advancement in the industry.
13.Should be self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, attention to detail ,flexible , multi-tasking, independent thinking capability, good listener, good team player and of course a good team leader.
14.Should be capable to handle customers of variable intense level with ease and also guide the juniors to impart this skills.
15.Strictly follow organizational hierarchical structure in all communications (direct/indirect) both upward as well as downward. You are supposed to discuss your problems directly with your immediate reporting officer (Technical Manager) before escalating it to higher levels. At the same time you should be the point of contact for all your juniors directly under you before escalating any matters to higher levels.
16. Enjoys problem solving and Passionate in learning new technologies and should at least be part of one branch wide ( major) research projects ( eg:- Implementation of a private cloud, developing a custom panel for Java Hosting etc., this is a sample project for you to understand the level of project, we are expecting. This need not be an individual project. Team building capabilities would be evaluated) and 2 minor Projects (e.g.:- Performance enhancement tool implementations and acquiring and imparting the knowledge to the entire technical Team) per quarter. As approved by the Director and Technical Manager. You should also be responsible of presenting the monthly report of each project you are coordinating to Technical Manager and the Branch Director via e-mail with the necessary documentations and powerpoint presentations.
17.Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers.
18. Should have acquired atleast 2 globally recognized industry certifications in Technical (eg: - CCNA, CCNP, RHCE, RHCSS, RHCA, CEH, MCSE, MCP etc., not limited to the above list.)
19. Notify and get approval from the HR team prior to shift swapping (esp. staff’s off days swapping) before conveying the same to the applicant.
Required Skills and Qualifications