Linux Support Engineer
Brief description :
SubHosting Innovations Pvt Ltd is looking for talented and passionate Linux Support Engineers who will provide great customer support and solutions to its managed hosting clients all over the world.
A Linux Support Engineer will be part of our managed hosting support team and will get the opportunity to work with a diverse customer base.
A Linux Support Engineer has following responsibilities:
* Interact with customers using helpdesk, email and chat to identify their requirements, design solutions/fixes and implement it on servers.
* Keep the hosting infrastructure up and running 24x7 using industry standard and home-grown technologies.
* Maintain high level of productivity and competency.
* Engage with team manager and fellow engineers to distribute workload.
* Contribute to documentation and knowledge sharing efforts.
* Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company.
Following are required and desirable skills/qualifications for a Linux Support Engineer:
* Solid knowledge of Linux operating system and Red Hat based Linux distributions.
* Fundamental knowledge of server hardware and networking.
* Advanced knowledge of DNS and ability to use DNS diagnostic tools available in Linux.
* Mastery of Linux web server stacks including Apache, Nginx, MySQL and PHP, email servers such as Exim, Postfix etc.
* Mastery of cPanel hosting control panel configuration and maintenance.
* Knowledge of NoSQL technologies, automating tasks using BASH/Python scripting and programming in Golang are desirable.
* Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a professional and effective manner in positive and negative situations.
* Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and use time for other business activities when volume of regular activities are low.
* At least 3 years of working experience in Linux web hosting environment.
No. of working days in a week: 5
Available shifts: 6AM - 2PM, 2PM - 10PM, 10PM - 6AM
How to apply
Send your updated resume to email@example.com along with expected CTC and notice period.
More about us: https://www.subhosting.net/about-us