Brief description :
Engineering Manager shall supervise and if required participate in the pre-bid and contract design necessary to comply with customer specifications, applicable codes, standards, regulations and contractual commitments and conform to shop and field capabilities. He shall further be involved with other applicable company engineering requirements when required.
- Represent and act as the envoy of Company
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Engineering & Drafting office and the allocation of manpower as required, for the various projects, inorder to meet schedule milestones.
- Plan, assign, co-ordinate and review the work of engineers and detailers and verify the strict adherence to YSC Standards or its client's guidelines.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates. Perform cost analysis for material and services.
- Receive and resolve questions relating to all engineering and drafting issues. Resolve inter and intra conflicts in the department.
- Grooming of Engineers to YSC culture, etiquettes, proper behavior and commitment.
- Taking part in Technical Audit
- Keeping all contract records & documents (in hand) on file. Monitor and maintain man hour record.
- Development and maintenance of standards, computer programs, design procedures and training material. Ensure that all design and details incorporate safe procedures.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
- Develop , Implement and maintain new systems, methodology, and automation to improve productivity.
- Supervisors, co-ordinates and performs a variety of administrative work such as scheduling, maintaining records, responding to requests for information or services; performing related administrative , planning and research activities; preparing correspondence, reports, statistical information and preparation of budget materials; and developing procedures and training methods.
- Completes performance evaluations; may make hiring recommendations; recommends disciplinary actions; approves leaves and time off and overtime request.
- Responsible for maintaining and wherever possible ensure whether all company standards are followed.
Bachelor's / Master's degree in Engineering/ Technology and a minimum 15 years (Min. 5 years in management position) experience in design of static equipment, Tanks, Floating roof, Heat exchangers, Pressure vessels, Spheres, Boiler, Mounted Bullets, Stacks as per international codes and standards ASME Sect VIII Div I and II, TEMA, PD5500, API 650 (proficiency in all Appendix), API 620, API 2000, AWWA D 100, AWWA D 102, UL 142, UL 58, DIN, AISC, NFPA, ASTM and standards of Saudi Aramco, SABIC, KOC etc.