Brief description :
Database Administrator - 1 Openings
The Database Administrator is responsible for the overall availability of databases and associated systems, using currently available commercial enterprise relational database management systems. The Database Engineer effectively uses database replication, security, and availability solutions in designing and implementing Database solutions. Must be able to use platform-specific, as well as enterprise, monitoring tools to provide fault and pre-fault performance notifications. Provides platform-specific performance tuning, installation and configuration guidance and expertise. Monitors and manages back-up and recovery, and capacity planning for all Database Platforms.
- Database Technologies: Utilizes currently available commercial enterprise relational database management systems.
- Database Implementation: Effective use of database replication, security, and availability solutions
- Database Monitoring: Effective use of platform-specific, as well as enterprise, monitoring tools to provide fault and pre-fault performance notifications.
- Database Management Provide platform-specific performance tuning, installation, and configuration.
- Database Business Continuity: Monitoring and management of back-up and recovery, and capacity planning for all database Platforms.
- Communications Communicates effectively verbally, and in written form.
- Carries and responds to off-hours communications device, in order to provide 24x7 support for systems for which they are responsible.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively pursues opportunities, as an individual and as part of a group, to improve knowledge, tools, and processes for systems under management.
- Strong problem and troubleshooting skills with the ability to think innovatively to drive issues to resolution.
- Hands-on with deployment, administration, optimization & best practices with PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Solid understanding of database design principals
- Solid Database design skills, Schema/Table modeling
- Solid understanding of query execution plans
- Good SQL skills including SPs, PSQL scripting
- Performance benchmarking, Performance tuning for queries,
- Database tuning
- Rolling upgrades of the schemas and Databases
- Understanding of systemic issues and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore, recovery
- Experience in data replication
- Good Troubleshooting skills
- Good Analytical Skills
- MongoDB is a plus
Send resumes with the Job code: DB_001_2017 should be mentioned in the Subject line