Brief description :
Functional Job Description
- Hands-on coding, systems analysis, design, and delivery of projects assigned.
- Timely and economic utilization of resources assigned to the project.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner within project parameters.
- Meet project objectives, providing systems that operate in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide good technical guidance to project team members other colleagues within the organization so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced.
- Keeps management informed of project progress and problems, particularly as to needed changes in schedule, resources, or product.
- Escalate and refer all projects beyond scope of authority.
- Maintain appropriate expertise to ensure effective service level.
- Respond to problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Communicate with divisional user personnel and data processing management on problem and project status as appropriate.
- Secure approvals on specifications and project completion as appropriate.
Required Job Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in Android development.
- At least 3 published applications on the Play Store available for immediate download and review by our team. Please provide names of all your apps that you’ve worked with a brief description of your contribution (if not individually developed).
- Agency experience preferred.
Required Technical Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with OOP and Java.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git or Subversion.
- 3-4 years of Android development experience.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Experience targeting multiple Android devices, both phones and tablets, from multiple manufacturers and across all OS versions.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices and methodologies.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.