DB Designer/Modeler Lead Engineer
Brief description :
We are looking for a Data Lead who has MySQL/PostgreSQL experience and the move towards NoSQL environment like AWS DynamoDB, Cassandra and/or MongoDB. These technologies are part of our strategy moving forward, so the willingness to become an expert on those technologies is key for this position.
- Install, configure, patch, and upgrade database software (MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and MongoDB).
- Manage the operations of both development and production databases.
- Design and model the databases, tables, views, triggers, stored procedures.
- Create and configure monitors to establish the health of servers and the databases running on them.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Work with internal teams to plan and schedule application upgrades.
- Assist Development Teams in designing, modeling and validating SQL/ NoSQL solutions for their applications.
- Effectively multi-task handling day-to-day assignments given moderate directions and supervision.
- Should have hands on experience in DB designing.
- Should have hands on experience in creating Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, Cursors, Hash tables and handling large data types.
- Should have prior work experience and knowledge in Query Tuning, Database Tuning, Performance tuning and different indexing methods.
- Proficient with common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Shell, Perl and etc.
- Should have the AWS/Azure Cloud experience.
- Proficient with one or more Apache Software Foundation Big Data & Database projects such as Cassandra, Hadoop, Hbase, MongoDB, Flume and etc.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and Solr desirable.
- Experience in data science solutions desirable.
- Strong understanding of NoSQL and relational databases and database fundamentals, including data storage, data modeling, and data access patterns.
- Understanding of Linux system administration.
- Good communications skills and work attitude (both with technical and non-technical people)
- Excellent problem solving and the ability to meet deadlines.