Accounts Payable Specialist
Brief description :
Input scanned copies of AP invoices in the accounting applciation by ensuring accuracy in data entry and general ledger coding. Provide daily status report to Accounts Payable - Team Lead and communicate with stake holders to ensure smooth processing of accounts payable invoices. Meet timelines globally and ensure compliance with all account payable processes. To discuss with Accounts Payable – Team Lead in case of any change in the process.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes all duties of an Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Taking daily count of the invoices received in the AP mailbox
- Entering the invoices received in the Company’s accounting application by ensuring accuracy in data entry and general ledger coding.
- Communicate globally for relevant details for accurate AP Invoice processing.
- Seek approval from relevant project managers or functional area leaders as the case may be and get the invoice entered ready for posting by the Accounts Payable Team Lead
- Set-up new vendors in SAP
- Inform appropriate Finance Controllers regarding invoice due dates to ensure timely payment run.
- Assist with month end close as required.
- To escalate issues to relevant stake holders.
- Deep knowledge in accounting.
- It would be preferable if the candidate has hands on experience on working in ERP Environment with emphasis on AP related modules.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge in German language a plus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to recognize areas that need improvement and take the initiative to seek methods to achieve those improvements.
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Should be able to be relied upon to provide complete and accurate information; and also to safeguard confidential information.
- Strong hold in Microsoft Excel.