Business Intelligence Specialist
Brief description :
The Business Intelligence Specialist will be responsible for the design and maintenance of business intelligence applications, prepares and maintains enterprise and project specific reports that will provide extensive and in-depth views and insight, driving innovation and business efficiency. Ensures that the use of business intelligence applications enriches business judgement making capabilities. This position will also participate in automating of reporting tools and processes, and creating flexible reporting modules. This position will play an vital role in accessing data stored in multiple sources by utilizing available business intelligence and reporting tools and processes. This position will performs a variety of tasks in the area of business intelligence and reporting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes all duties of a Business Intelligence Specialist:
- Supports all service lines with business intelligence reporting, analysis and project requests
- Gather required Business Intelligence Report system requirements
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data store/ data warehouse/ data mart design and configuration
- Examine and evaluate the requirements to design and develop suitable reports using standard reporting guidelines.
- Develop reports and browsers based on the requirements and taking into consideration such characteristics as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose or function of report
- Works with the Engineering and Data Standardization Services group to automate Data Extraction and Transformation
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of enterprise data and BI environments for both external and internal users
- Identifies problems with report accuracy and define areas of improvement
- Recommends establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve
- Prepares and issue instructions concerning generation, completion, and distribution of reports
- Provide company-wide reporting and analysis support including: business KOIs, KRIs etc.
- Work with business users and Data Standardization Services to develop, maintain, and distribute complex dashboards/reports
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MS Excel Power BI and MS Access
- SQL experience a plus
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or equivalent coding knowledge a plus
- Any other Programming experience a plus
- Should be enthusiastic to learn new technologies