Senior Accountant : Financial Services
Brief description :
Job Title: Senior Accountant – Financial Services
Job Location: Trivandrum, India
Senior Accountant supports the Financial Services team in the preparation of financial statements including supporting schedules and reconciliations, as well as preparing & recording routine journal entries for monthly closings, banking transactions, monitoring collections and vendor disbursements for specified countries as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- In accordance with monthly closing schedule, prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts. Maintain complete and accurate electronic records of all reconciliations and journal backup documentation.
- Facilitate posting of central credit card purchase transactions related to business expenses to the general ledger. Maintain complete and accurate electronic records of credit card receipts.
- Assist with system configuration and data migration activities
- Assist with external audit requirements. This includes timely support for audit selections and clear explanation to close audit requests quickly and efficiently.
- Other projects as assigned by Financial Services Lead or direct team lead as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Bachelor’s degree with major or concentration in accounting required.
- Advanced degree or accounting certifications a plus
- 4-6 years of general ledger accounting experience
- Using G/L systems. Preferred experience in SAP or similar ERP systems including ability to data mine information independently to investigate, understand and close issues by recommending corrective actions
- Preparing, analyzing and maintaining BS reconciliations in a clear understandable format that explains the ending balance Skills/Competencies
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices and to determine appropriate action independently
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Flexibility in work schedule during peak periods – i.e.; monthly close, annual audits, etc…
- Knowledge of GAAP; Ability to determine proper treatment of financial transactions based on GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills; Provide insightful analysis of data and proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to research issues and present these solutions to supervisor.